Friday, September 2, 2011

Transfer from Altinkum to Heathrow , via Bodrum and Brussels with Baileys Tours .




After a delay in Altinkum due to 'Turkish Time' , the driver of the transfer produced a thrilling bare knuckle ride to Bodrum where Viv acted as co-pilot in the front seat passsing him crisps etc on the way. We have now been travelling since 6pm yesterday, Bodrum- Brussels - where the accomodation at 2.00pm this morning was much to be desired and consisted of the hard floor outside pizza hut !(Note Viv was away with the fairies!) and then to Heathrow.
    Heathrow has enabled us to catch up and prepare ourselves for the real start of our trip when we land in Beijing.(I've also managed to buy myself a cover for my kindle-thanks to the generous donations from staff and parents at North and South Cowton School, when I left at the end of July.)
     Everything feels strange at the moment as I've always been at school in September, ever since  I was four years old . I keep thinking about the jobs I would normally be doing and the children I would be preparing things for, but we have many exciting things to do over the next year that will surely take my mind from my previous job.

Another three hours to go before we board the plane to Bejing.

Hopefully we will get some sleep on the plane as it is a 9 hour flight.

Sorry we have no sound recordings where Steve is snoring for England!

China here we come! 

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet you didn't get any sleep on the plane! - the harder you try the less you get! T

    ReplyDelete